City Trip Lisbon – the capital of Portugal, is a popular city trip destination. Lisbon built on seven hills and situated at the mouth of the River Tagus is a magnet for tourists. The city is brimful with imposing building, winding streets and buzzing squares. Be sure to visit Castelo de São Jorge, located on Lisbon’s highest hill and offering a sweeping view of the city, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, the impressive Hieronymite Monastery which is also home to the Maritime Museum, Torre de Belém, Sé Catedral de Lisboa, and the wrought iron Santa Justa elevator, the fasted way to get from Baixa neighbourhood to Bairro Alto.
Visit the world’s largest ceramic collection at the Museu Nacional do Azulejo, located in a former monastery or board the famous tram line 28 that rattles its way up steep, narrow streets in the Alfama, Baixa and Bairro Alto districts. The many restaurants and bars in the Bairro Alto and Alfafa come to life in the evening. Taste the famous Pastéis de nata and listen in a Fado Bar to the mournful Fado tunes accompanied by a guitar and a viola.
City Passes for Lisbon
Purchase a city pass if you want to see and do a lot in Lisbon. It will save you much hassle and money! A city pass allows you free entry to the most important sights and museums in Lisbon. You will save time and money because these passes are cheaper than buying single tickets. Besides, you need not spend hours in the hot sun waiting in the queue. With a city pass in hand, you skip the waiting line so that you have more time to enjoy the splendours of Lisbon. What’s more, free public transport is included. In Lisbon you can opt for the Lisboa Card. You can easily book this citypass online in advance.
City Passes at a glance:
- The Lisboa Card is the most comprehensive city pass for Lisbon. This pass includes free entry to more than 25 attractions and museums, including the world-famous tram line 28 and the Santa Justa elevator, with a viewing platform at the top. What’s more, the pass allows free train travel to Sintra and Cascais. In addition, the Lisbon Pass offers discounts at restaurants and in shopping centres. The airport transfer is also included. The Lisboa Card is available for 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6 days.
Compare Lisbon City Passes:
- Valid for 24, 48 or 72 hours
- 25 Attractions and museums
- Public transport (bus, metro, tram and city elevators)
- Free ride on the famous tram 28
- Access to the Santa Justa elevator
- Train travel to Sintra and Cascais
- Discounts in restaurants, shopping centres and the Aerobus
- Travel guide and map of Lisbon